I know it’s only the middle of September, but I already feel burned out. Too much school too much work, not enough time to breathe. I long for the weekends, to do absolutely nothing. But of course something always comes up, and I can never have a day to just be.
However, instead of moping and complaining, I figured I should motivate myself to conquer every obstacle and busy schedule I face. And what better way to do that, than to update my Bucket List? Now, I believe there’s no point in creating a Bucket List, unless you aim on achieving and doing what’s on your List. Thus, what better motivation?
So, my Bucket List:
1. Hike the Appalachian trail Originally I wanted to do this when I graduated college, but it’s going to have to wait, unfortunately. But one day I will conquer it!
2. Write a book I may, or may not, be actually working on writing a book as we speak.
3. Go to a concert/ meet my favorite musicians If you take me to see Crowder, Aurora, Kimbra, or Laura Mvula, and I meet them, goodness, I will love you forever.
4. Get involved with fighting against porn, the sex industry, and love on freed sex slaves Gosh, I’d love to meet Christine Caine. She is so on fire for God, it’s rather contagious.
5. Adopt My heart just breaks for kids who don’t know the love of a mother, or father, or family. I just want to pull them all into my arms and love them forever.
6. Ride a hot air balloon I think there’s something rather romantic and timeless about hot air balloons, and I totally want to get in on that.
7. Learn how to kick box I believe our bodies are powerful, and I think kick boxing would make me feel like a powerhouse. Plus, it’s some good self-defense too, don’t you think?
8. Go to a third-world country for a missions trip I’ve always wanted to go to Africa, and love on those that need it. But currently, there is an opportunity for me to go to Thailand next year on a missions trip. I say that’s pretty exciting.
9. Skydive I want to do this so bad. Like gosh, can you imagine the adrenaline? I can’t wait.
10. See the Aurora Borealis If I’m already obsessed with the stars, I just know the Aurora Borealis will take my breath away.
11. Become fluent in a language I studied Italian for three years, and would love to be fluent someday. Also, I’m in the process of learning American Sign Language. (Side note: Why is ASL not taught in schools? I think it’s more prevalent and important than some of the languages that were taught at my high school ….)
12. Swim with sharks In a shark-proof cage of course. I’m not that daring.
13. Do the Mordor trail in New Zealand Because one does not simply go to New Zealand and not do this trail.
14. Get my Master’s degree And maybe even my doctorate… We’ll see what happens.
15. Run a half marathon I ran 4 miles for the first time this summer. I’ve got a long way to go, but I think running a half would be incredible.
16. Live totally unashamed of my faith It’s a work in progress everyday, but there’s something so wonderful when you stop being afraid of what people will say about your faith.
17. Write a spoken word I’m totally mesmerized by spoken words. That type of writing is not something in my comfort zone, but I think it’s so powerful.
18. Go back to Europe When I left to come home four years ago, I told myself that I’d go back. And gosh, I want to so bad.
I’ll probably think of more later. I’m feeling quite motivated now. What are some things on your Bucket List?
*Maybe I’ll share my Rhymes with Bucket List another time. There’s not as much cool things there.*
Ciao for now,