I start my sophomore year of college in a week. I’m excited, but I need an adventure. A glorious kind of escapade in a wondrous, beautiful place.
(My family did spend a week camping in the Adirondacks in New York. That was lovely.)
I have this incredible desire to see the world, and if I had all the time and money in the world, I would. But I don’t. So for now, all I can do is dream.
If I could, where would I go?
1. Italy I studied Italian for several years in high school, and loved it. When I was in Europe several years ago, I was about forty-five minutes from Italy at one point. And, when I transfer to my second college, there is an opportunity for me to study abroad in Italy.
2. England I love Jane Austen, Shakespeare, Sherlock, Harry Potter, Doctor Who, and Downton Abbey. I would love to see the Globe, the Tower of London, and Stonehenge. I would love to see the countryside and the small towns. I just want to see England, please.
3. Machu Picchu There’s something really enticing to me about the ruined civilization up on the mountain. I love walking around ruins, imagining and wondering about what the past would have been like.
4. Norway There’s something really beautiful in the Nordic countries. The wildness of the imposing mountains, the legends, and Viking history, are certainly enough to get me interested. Plus, I really, really want to see the Aurora Borealis.
5. Fiji I love islands. I love the blue skies, white sands, and clear waters. I love the feel of endless relaxation. I even have an Pandora station solely for island music.
6. The Amazon Rainforest I know the Amazon is dangerous, but just think of all that untamable beauty! Can you imagine?
7. Egypt I know this would be a very dangerous place to go right now, but if this was a perfect world, I’d go in a second. I love ancient Egypt, and would love to see the Pyramids, the Valley of the Kings, and the ruins of Alexandria.
8. China I know very little about the Chinese culture, but the doesn’t keep me from being intrigued by the beauty. I love traditional Chinese music (also a favorite Pandora station), and I’m fascinated by the history.
9. New Zealand The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. Enough said.
10. Nepal This is a corner of the world that I think is often forgotten. But since the earthquake last year, I would love to go help in anyway possible. Besides, I think there’s something rather mysterious and ancient about Nepal, that I just want to get in my soul.
…. just to name a few …..
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Ciao for now,